Thursday, February 16, 2012

Testing in Progess. Die Later.



Time has passed. I have been completely here and yet a hundred miles away. Last night I think I told a friend that over the past couple weeks I "have been put through a paper shredder twice, but somehow my eyes were found and filled with hot peppers, and then I was made flesh and feeling again just so I could feel a load of bricks crush me. Then I was the target for the shooting range, kept alive long enough to see that my family and a few close friends are also dying nicely, followed by slow resucitation so I could be drowned and resucitated again just so that..." Yeah. You get the idea. Hopefully, the concept that "life's been a wringer lately" is coming across to you, and not that you gather that I was up far too late allowing sadistic and creepy verbage to be published via text message.

No. I am not a teenager and I'm not being dramatic. This is called "real life" and there is some for everyone. There's that real friend who is dying, parents getting cancer, to do much to do and absolute boredom, devastating personal illness, loved ones running away or going to jail, jobs lost, tension where it cuts most, youth left behind, sundry auto collisions, brick walls where you need a down comforter, multiple rejections, and others being too amazing for their own good. There is also unrequited love, unwanted love, a complete lack of love, and an overwhelming need for love. Yes, FYI, I distinctly know what I'm talking about and it's real life...

So here we are. What to do? All I know to do is whatever is before you: keep giving care to others without self-serving motive, gratefully see what remains, keep keeping on, despite the twisted, uneven odds. Look upward and recognize the best was never meant to be here on earth. Take your test, pass with honors, and go to Heaven. Don't forget to read the Guidebook. You don't even have to be smart...Just empty, ready to do what the Book says. Time to read up? (P.S. First thing to be grateful for today? Apparently, this test called Real Life, is open Book.)


1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling well, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete