Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Strife Inside

An inner tension with no root and no destination, has both. Untraceable, unquenchable, undefinable, it must be confronted. What to do? He that asks, receives.God wants to reveal the true source of the trouble of our heart into our present--so we can be free. Often when we struggle with the same failure repeatedly, no matter how often we confront it, we must realize that it goes deeper than we presently know. But be warned, God will tell you, if you ask Him.

"It doesn't really matter! It's not like it doesn't happen to everyone, too." I told myself, when the truth hit me of what yet remained unresolved. When it comes down to it, we live alone with our own conscience. If you have given in to God and truth in the past, it will chase you down on this earth. So when we know what has gone wrong, what can we do?

  1. Repent - turn away with the intention to never return
  2. Confess - to spiritual authority
  3. Take back the ground given to Satan - he has taken a place inside
  4. Make it right - restitution if necessary
  5. Move on in freedom - feel and it and glow it

Source: piccsy.com via Johanna on Pinterest



A good conscience is a continual Christmas.
Benjamin Franklin

Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience.
George Washington

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.
Thomas Paine  


In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place.
Mahatma Gandhi 

You should not believe your conscience and your feelings more than the word which the Lord who receives sinners preaches to you.
Martin Luther  




 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Joanna!

    It's Bethany Strang from the Christian Heritage Conference...
    I am so excited that I found your blog! I so enjoy meeting you; you were so sweet. I realized that I forgot to get your contact information. :( Maybe we can exchange emails. I would love to stay in contact with you!

    I hope you have a blessed day in the Lord!

    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bethany! How wonderful that you found me! I am so glad to keep in contact with you via blogging: it really shows our hearts plainly in digital ink. ;) My email address is dedicatedartiste@afo.net. May you be richly blessed as well, my dear. Love, Johanna www.thinkibility.blogspot.com

      Delete