Saturday, December 3, 2011

Exhaling Carefully

You know those people that take away your breathe so much so that you can’t stop exhaling nonsensical words at them? Well, it happens to me. There’s no fear in it, no infatuation, just an awkward, unintelligible charmedness of sorts.

I’m certain that it is how many scripts are written these days. The gifted writer thinks of a target actress and breathes his applicable stupidity onto the paper. It is very realistic. I enjoy a wholesome romantic comedy, from this perspective: the realism that things suddenly become definably dumb when you’re smitten.

There’s a person that makes me do that. Then I walk away figuratively and think, “What did I just say? Wow. Did I really just do that? Epic fail.” It is just that easy and natural to be stupid when you’re in that place.

Here’s my apparent only other option in said situation. I will ask a question or make a statement so perplexing that the poor person feels unable to answer for a long period of time: the least of my desires for their feelings. Tragic, I know.

Here’s my final take. It’s a lifestyle skill and it is OK. I refuse to be a tortured soul about it. Maybe, just be careful where you are staring while you’re doing it to me. I’m completely fine with it, as long as you are looking at my face. OK? OK. End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment