Friday, July 13, 2012

Worthy of Honor








I knew a man, once. He could have been my uncle: he was so kind, sweet, thoughtful, and tender. Every time he saw me, he would call me over and share an encouraging word and a big, friendly hug. I love his wife dearly, and look up to his daughters 100%: they could be my big sisters any day. One of his daughters told this story once...

When C was sixteen, she got up the nerve to go talk to her daddy about something very important. She explained to him how much she loved him, but how much it hurt, scared, and frustrated her when he would sometimes get loud, harsh, or angry. He heard her. He committed to never do that again, by the grace of God. And he did not. End of story.

I respected him before I heard that...But after? I almost died of respect overdose. What kind of man does that? That's love. And that's Mr. Reed. I will miss him so much and my heart goes out to those who were close to this dear man.









Source: repinly.com via Johanna on Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment