Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week in Review


Much time has passed and this is some of what I’ve been doing…



Don’t let your mamma throw out the water the pumpkin cooked in before canning. It is so delish.



The man behind me in line at the store talked to every article he pulled out of his cart as he put it on the conveyor. I almost helped him. A) Because it looked like fun. B) Because we would have emptied his cart a lot faster. C) Because I was curious what he would say to me, after hearing him eloquently socialize with a new pair of jeans.



Laughed and cried muchisimo at the Young Ladies Retreat over the weekend and only stayed up until 4am. It was loaded with challenging devos, yummy food, and awesome beautiful inside-and-out, single, young ladies. (Yes, I have all their phone numbers. Why do you ask?)



I have a friend who tells me the truth about what’s right and what’s not…and she’s nice. Isn’t that amazing? She also has experience in the “men’s department” and the section titled “marriage.” How I love her and her advice. And she’s cute. And she blogs. http://becomingbeautifulgirl.blogspot.com/



Who puts egg white in chocolate? I didn’t realize it was there until after I ate the scrumptious morsel and had an uncivilized allergic reaction for three days…



If you juice chard in the morning, your sister won’t steal your tasty breakfast anymore.

Ready to run some errands.
Me with my juice and her with her choice.
How different could we be?


I went to a gathering with lots of women in a lovely house and we watched a DVD of Janis McBride. Pretty much amazing. She’s a woman of God. My heart was lighter and heavier all at once inside me.



The cat seems quite taken with communications lately. She walks upon keyboards in the house and consistently leaves the same cryptic message and opens all search programs. Eerie? Somewhat: mostly because she makes scowly faces.



I got it run my sis to her days of classes, clubs, and appointments. Unsocialized homeschooler? I doubt it. More like “privately-tutored celeb” and I am her chauffeur, near as I can tell. I basically had to wait by the car with my shades on while she got photos with her fans at science class.



OK. We decided I look Native American here. Maybe I am.



I brought in the season officially by sipping a bona fide caramel, crème brulèe, salted, with whip espresso as I spent my dad’s money in the grocery store.



Experienced one of those shopping trips where people keep stopping in the main aisle after they pass, back up with their cart, and stare in your general direction a bit obviously. Sadly, I repeatedly noted I wasn’t small enough to hide behind the Bigelow tea box I was examining—repeatedly.



This week, I got to do the unthinkable as feet to my words that I believe what I think. Life is interesting.



I finally did an ultimate home spa one night. To top it off, I lit every candle we own and almost died. The combined fragrance of seven different scents was perfectly asphyxiating. With my last breath, I blew them out and fell back into the tub. It was so relaxing.



All week I’ve desperately want to make some to-die-for cookies for my biggest bro. So, I will.




I am juicing my way to health with a brief stint of only ingesting home-juiced, organic goodness. With each passing day I look more like a supermodel and feel less like a supermodel looks. Unless I’m going high fashion: then I can keenly understand the bleak, hungry look. But I do love aiming for being my best somewhere in there.

Doesn't she look happ--I mean, hungry?


I went to one of my favorite stores, got an amazing deal, and stocked up for under $30. I love being a woman.



My brother and I scooted our seats up to a barrel in our coffee shop and discussed life over coffee before work. We are such old souls bemired with joys.



Boots are awesome. I live in my boots. So, I need more…So I am considering these. Yes, considering.



Another lovely friend is getting married! Yes, she’s the one who texted me in the airport that she had just gotten engaged and we should get together…as I flew to a wedding. She will be beautiful and local and we can still drink coffee together like we did this week. That’s plus one for life. Oh, and she might let me do her flowers.



Our van got smooshed. Then it got fixed. May I recommend spacial reasoning education to an anonymous family member?



I got a gigantic truck from grandpa. Now I park in the far reaches of lots where no one but the cool people park. Oh yeah.



So, I crashed a friend’s family dinner party. Yes, I scooted up to the table and brought awkward with me. Those dear people were so kind.



This is the glorious fall wherein I dream of making and baking. I wish to make every pie I imagine, every cookie known for sublime deliciousness, and all manner of savory delights. This is happiness. Thanksgiving, here I come!

A little inspiration.


Why does she, the sis, look so happy? It disturbs me.



This was also disturbing—in a super fun way.



Hung this on our door made from stuff laying around the house. I know it’s not finished, but that’s what you get when you grab stuff and do it as you’re running out the door…



This is what I have been staring at this week. It is mesmerizing. It was taken by a friend in Vietnam during his recent travels.

By Ryan O'Callaghan


I want this. The beauteous dress, I mean.



Picked up some flowers for a friend this week and had to snap a photo of this.





Can’t you just see the room to the left? I think there’s sheers from the twelve foot ceiling to the floor, blowing gently from the balcony overlooking the hodgepodge city below. The bed is brass and huge, covered in a vintage coverlet and visually anchored on top of a colorful, hand-woven, native rug with fringed edges. There’s only a few other things in the room: an old, rugged brown trunk and a couple tarnished candlesticks hold their own on the stone hearth over the sooty fireplace. It’s a tad dirty, but that’s just because it’s older than me. I’m already there.



Today I am making five pies for a dinner party. I wish you could come and eat my pie. I wish I could eat my pie.





So this is my favorite song sung by yours truly, recorded on my Android phone.





That’s all. I’m loving this crazy life and I’m so full of awe for the God in Heaven. He is just too much! However, I will especially love life when I can get back on chocolate (without egg white) again. Have a marvelous, beautiful, thankful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment