Friday, March 16, 2012

Don't You Find It Odd?

"Overcoming odds:" it is what we humans do best. Are some difficult situations meant to be seen as otherwise? Before you find me odd to assert the preposterous, allow an explanation…


The day’s schedule has been plotted. Your mind has fully wrapped around the intensity of the scope before you. However, yes, this is also indeed the day your tooth brush breaks, the keys are locked inside, the coffee spills right before that meeting, and the neighbor’s ferret empties your garbage bin into the hedges.

Come what may, we push through the day, gratefully absorbing any sympathy or commiseration offered by apparent fellow Murphy adherents. But perhaps your day is like mine today…The pressure of a new job, home, time zone, and association is rivaled only by random changes to your schedule. I, however, would like to propose that these changes are really “random acts of kindess:” an otherwise missed moment to pause. Suffering aside, would you have really stopped in your busy day to slow down? Would you have taken the time to sit quietly, if it were not for the traffic? Would you have ever changed your clothes had it not been for that Cheese Whiz episode? (Nevermind that last question…But I yet hopefully think you get the point.)

Often it would seem, we turn our actual opportunities into a disaster by merely our perspective. And my guess is, a “disaster” was the last thing needed for your day. But was it really that? Before you tell me that I have no knowledge of how bad it can get, allow me to mention the occasions were upon I have experienced a need for flexibility. Actually, I decided I will not mention these as they include excessive self-incriminations that might falsely lead someone to doubt my complete sanity. Let’s just say that yesterday I lost my keys inside my vehicle for ten minutes, with my boss’ wife waiting as passenger and today after a paper-jam wrought morning doing design work for a hotel, I was rather suddenly caring for a sick friend in her home.

So I submit to you to view your day as full of opportunities not be missed, instead of dreadful interruptions of gargantuan proportion. After all, they can only be changed by you. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment